Blue Bee Utah Consumer Protection Law Firm
Utah consumer protection lawyers with more than 40 years of combined expertise in helping people eliminating debt & rebuilding good credit.
Our expert Utah bankruptcy attorneys will protect your rights against unscrupulous debt collectors!
We don’t just eliminate your debt! We break the cycle of bad credit by rebuilding your credit after bankruptcy.
Earned the highest peer and client ratings with Martindale-Hubbell (a.k.a Lawyers.com)
Top-notch peer and client ratings on Justia
Rated in the top 5% of all lawyers by Thompson-Reuter’s Super Lawyers.
5-Star average on Google with more than 50 reviews.
5-Star average with more than 80 reviews on Avvo.com
“Top Pro” on Thumbtack.
Consumer Protection Attorney in Salt Lake City, Utah
Get Help Protecting Your Credit and Rights! We Specialize in Consumer Protection
Debt collectors can be hard to deal with, and they can create a headache for you.
Consumer protection laws protect you from a great deal of harassment by these collectors. There are many times in which they will violate the law to try and collect debts.
Our consumer protection lawyers are ready to defend you in these situations. We will even help with things like student loan debt relief.
Consumer Protection Laws Put in Place to Safeguard You
While debt collectors have the right to collect from a debtor, they are required to follow the law.
It does not matter if you owe the full or partial amount of the debt.
Laws like the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) are put in place to protect you.
Punishment for Violating Consumer Protection Laws
Our legal team will defend your interest when dealing with collectors even while in a bankruptcy.
When a collector breaks any of these laws, you may be entitled to sue them.
Prohibited Collection Practices
Forbidden debt collection practices are as follows:
- Impersonating a law enforcement officer or government agency
- Threatening to use or using physical force or violence
- Talking to your employer about the debt without your permission before obtaining a final judgment
- Talking to you or your family so frequently that it is harassment toward you or your family
- Speaking to you with obscene, abusive, vulgar, or profane language
- Claiming, attempting, or threatening to enforce a debt when the collector knows it is not legitimate
- Suggesting that the collector is or is associated with an attorney
- Refusing to identify himself, his employer, or the entity he represents when you request that he do so
- Talking to you between the hours of 9 pm and 8 am in your time zone without consent
- Talking to you when they know an attorney represents you concerning the debt
Laws Protect You from Bad Credit Reporting Practices
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) protects consumers by ensuring your rights to:
- access your credit information
- dispute inaccurate information
- know what creditors are saying about you
- protect your credit information from unauthorized access
- and to seek damages from those violating credit reporting laws.
Our Expert Attorneys Are Here to Help
These laws are vital to your protection, and our lawyers will work to ensure your rights are protected. We can help you receive what you are entitled to in statutory damages.
If the collector has violated those laws, they must also pay your lawyer’s fees and court costs.
If debt collectors have harassed you in violation of these laws, we can help. Our consumer protection attorneys can sue debt collectors, end harassment, and collect damages for you.
We will also provide you with credit rebuilding information to help you get back on your feet.
Contact us to schedule a consultation to discuss your situation and your options.
Questions or Concerns?
Before your consultation, contact us to learn more about consumer protection laws.
“Mr. Parker and his staff were great. Going through Chapter 7 obviously isn’t easy, but they were there for me every step of the way. I’m sure they hear the same questions over and over from every client, but they always respond patiently and professionally. I highly recommend Mr. Parker!”
“Chip is very knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to answer all of my questions and clear up my misconceptions. If needed, I will be asking for his services again.”
“Chip went out of his way to help me with my mother whose terminally ill in a nursing home. I would recommend him to everyone!! He’s awesome !! He actually cares to help you and your family. He went above and beyond for my family ! I can’t thank him enough! Thanks again Chip! You’re the best!!!!!!!”